Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

A very happy 4th of July to everyone.  I will be celebrating with a case of Tröegs Sunshine Pils, some BBQed flank steak, and some fireworks.

I was sipping a bottle of beer this afternoon when I recalled a conversation I had recently with my best friend, Cara.  She had mentioned going to a beer store with her boyfriend and his family, which had a rather large display of beer cozies.  We both agreed that we hadn't seen anyone use a beer cozy in at least 10 years.  I suppose they just fell out of favor.  As the condensation from my bottle dripped onto my leg, I found myself wishing for one of these neoprene sleeves, preferably emblazoned with some tacky clip-art graphic of an eagle and an American flag.  I will have to buy one the next time I come across some.

On another note, while out buying said case of Sunshine Pils, I tagged a combination stick lighter and bottle opener onto the order.  I think this may be the single most American gadget I have ever purchased.  Tonight I will try to open a beer and light a firework simultaneously.  I will report back.

No comments: